Wednesday 15 October 2014

I don't particularly like talking about myself and starting a blog seems a bit wack.  I struggle with believing I can be an accomplished artist and am taking serious steps for the first time in my life to actually pursue that.  The title of this blog is a Francis Bacon quote. Not the "English philosopher, statesman, scientist, jurist, orator, essayist, and authorWho lived in the 1600's but the Irish-born British figurative painter known for his bold, graphic and emotionally raw imagery dude who croaked in 1992.  His perception of the job of an artist is what lead me in the direction i'm currently taking with my art.. which a friend described as "dark and scritchy"..
  I'm hoping by sharing my experiences, It will help me understand what creativity means to me and what I actually want to do with it. I'm looking forward to exchanging stories and surrounding myself with art and artists, share and absorb all this stuff that is visual dialogue.  Using my lens to reflect back at the world how I perceive it, in all of it's ugly terrifying beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment